· Quickly insert the 3-foot iron rod into the cement. Move it until it stands at the center of the pipe. You may have to prop it in place by fixing a C-clamp to it and laying the clamp on the top of ...
Read medical definition of Urolithiasis. nephrolithotripsy (PNL), a procedure for crushing and removing the dense stubborn stones characteristic of cystinuria. Surgery will usually be needed to remove bladder stones. A crushing device, lasers or ultrasound waves transmitted from the …
A/An _____ is a stone located in the ureter. ... crushing. In the term lithotripsy, the suffix -tripsy means _____. ... The medical term _____ describes a congenital abnormality in which the urethral opening is on the undersurface of the penis in males. renal pelvis ...
· ''Crushing the stone'': a brief history of lithotripsy, the first minimally invasive surgery Harry W. Herr, Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Medical Terminology Chapter 12 Urinary System. condition in which urine collects in the renal pelvis because of an obstructed outflow. procedure to seperate waste material from the blood and to maintain fluid, electrolyte and acid-base balance in impaired kidney function or in the absence of a kidney.
Los Angeles Mission College - Home
The operation of crushing a stone in the bladder with an instrument called lithotriptor or lithotrite; lithotrity. Definition of Lithotripsy. 1. Noun. (surgery) The breaking-up of kidney stones or similar calculi by means of ultrasound ¹. ¹ Source: wiktionary . Definition of Lithotripsy. 1. [n -SIES] Medical Definition of Lithotripsy. 1.
Glossary of Medical Terms List of Combining Forms, Prefixes and Suffixes af- toward, to affect/o exert influence on ag- toward, to agglutin/o clumping aggress/o attack-ago attack, diseased state or condition agor/a marketplace-agra excessive pain seizure, attack of severe pain-aise comfort, ease al- like, similar-al pertaining to alb/i, alb/o ...
· What is the medical term for crushing of a stone? Lithotripsy – tripsy is surgical crushing, lith/o is stone; so lithotripsy is surgical crushing of a stone. What is the medical term for bladder? Medical Definition of Bladder. Bladder: A hollow organ in the lower abdomen that stores urine.
· –lithotomy incision to remove a stone from the renal pelvis - PYELOLITHOTOMY. –uria protein in the urine - ALBUMINURIA. –scopy visual examination of the urinary bladder - CYSTOSCOPY. litho- crushing of a stone -LITHOTRIPSY. –uria sugar in the urine - GLYCOSURIA. B. Underline the term that is spelled correctly
· Lithotripsy involves crushing a stone. The stone may be in the gallbladder or in the urinary tract. macro-: From the Greek "makros" meaning large or long. Terms with "macro-" include macrocyte (large cell), macroglossia (large tongue), macroscopic (visible with the naked eye), and macrosomia (big body). The opposite of "macro-" is "micro-."
What does cystolithotripsy mean? (medicine) The crushing of a stone in the bladder. (noun)
Definition Mining Glossary - Crushing. Aggregate Crushing Plant South Africa Stone Crushing Plant Pakistan Sand Production Line 50-70t/h Gold Ore Crushing Production Line in Malaysia 5000t/h Copper Ore Crushing Production Project in Kenya 500t/h Iron Ore Crushing Production line in South Africa 250t/h Granite Crushing Production Line in Zambia 100t/h Complete Limestone Crushing Production …
Medical Terminology. Physicians and nurses prefer EMTs to speak in other than medical terms. ... to word roots to form terms that indicates a state, quality, condition, procedure, or process. ..... lith/o (stone) lithotripter, an instrument for crushing stones in the bladder. Read more
Crushing a stone in the urinary tract using ultrasonic vibrations. Red blood cell. RBC. Range of motion. ROM. Rule out. R/o r/o. Let it be labeled. sig. YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE... 57 terms. Med Vocab Ch. 6. 88 terms. Chapter 14 Medical terminology. 96 terms. Medical Terminology Chpt 11. Urinary. 96 terms. Urinary System (Medical terminology Ch.11 ...
What does lithotripsy mean? Pulverization of kidney stones or gallstones by means of a lithotripter. (noun)
Lithotomy from Greek for "lithos" and "tomos" (), is a surgical method for removal of calculi, stones formed inside certain organs, such as the urinary tract (kidney stones), bladder (bladder stones), and gallbladder (), that cannot exit naturally through the urinary system or biliary tract.The procedure is usually performed by means of a surgical incision (therefore invasive).
Open Surgery. Open surgery is rarely done for kidney stones anymore. But if your stone is very large or it can''t be removed or crushed with other treatments, surgery might be an option.
The answer was urologist. Nephrolithotomy is the term for. removing a kidney. removing a kidney stone. crushing kidney stones with sound waves. removing a tumor from a kidney. transplanting a replacement kidney. The answer was removing a kidney stone. The term for …
Medical Terminology for the Urinary System. nephrotomy (nephr/otomy) is a surgical cutting,incision into the kidney. cyst- sac containing fluid, bladder. Paracystitis (para/cyst/itis) is an inflammation of the tissues around the urinary bladder. lithic (lith/ic) means pertaining to a stone.
· -a (a is a noun ending) cyanoderma (skin with a bluish discoloration). Note: When a is used as a suffix, it is a noun ending; a can also be used as a prefix.-ac . pertaining to cardiac (pertaining to the heart) -ad . toward, increase. caudad (toward the tail or end of the body)-al . pertaining to duodenal (pertaining to the duodenum)
· home / medterms medical dictionary a-z list / litho- definition Medical Editor: Charles Patrick Davis, MD, PhD Litho-: Prefix meaning stone, as in lithotomy (an operation to remove a stone), or lithotripsy (a procedure to crush a stone).
Which term means surgical crushing of a stone? Lithotripsy – tripsy is surgical crushing, lith/o is stone; so lithotripsy is surgical crushing of a stone. 38 Related Question Answers Found How is polyuria treated? ... Dysuria is the medical term for pain or discomfort when urinating.
Then review the pronunciation for each term and practice by reading the medical record aloud. Term Definition Calculus (KĂL-kū-lu ̆s): A stone in the kidney or urinary tract. Cystolithotripsy (s ̆ı s-tō-LI ̆ TH-ō- tr ̆ıp-sē): The crushing of a stone in the bladder.
· Lithotripsy definition is - the breaking (as by shock waves or crushing with a surgical instrument) of a calculus in the urinary system into pieces small enough to be voided or washed out.
ChaCha Answer: Lithotripsy. a medical term that means surgical crushing of stone-ptosis: »More detailed. 4,8/5 (1,9K) Lithotripsy definition of lithotripsy by Medical. Lithotripsy Definition Lithotripsy is the use of high-energy shock waves to fragment and disintegrate kidney stones.
· The medical terms for kidney stone surgery (with an incision) are ureterolithotomy or nephrolithotomy. How successful is shock wave lithotripsy? ln those patients who are thought to be good candidates for this treatment, some 50-75% are found to be free of stones within three months of SWL treatment. The highest success rates seem to be in ...
· Cholelithotripsy is the medical term meaning crushing of a gallstone. This crushing may be done mechanically or using light beams.
· Surgical Crushing Of Stones Surgical crushing of a stone Answers Dec 11, Stone crushing plant is made up of vibrating feeder, jaw crusher, impact crusher, vibrating screen and so on First of all, the raw materials are Contact Supplier What is the medical term meaning crushing of stones Answers Dec 13, Lithotripsy is a general term meaning stone.
Medical terms are comprised of words, word roots, combining forms, prefixes, and. to form the medical term that means a written record of the heart''s electrical activity . -tripsy (surgical crushing of .What is the medical term meaning surgical crushing of a nerve.May 25, 2012 Lithotripsy is the process of crushing stones.Lithotripsy.
(medicine) The crushing of a stone in the bladder ... Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
· Suffixes in medical terminology. Suffixes are attached at the end of words to change or add to the original meaning. In medical terminology, suffixes usually signify a medical condition, surgical procedure, diagnostic term, test information, disease, or part of speech. Some suffixes also signify medical practice or practitioners.
Chapter 7 Med Term. culture & sensitivity testing (to determine antibiotic effectiveness against bacteria grown from a patient''s urine specimen) This activity was created by a Quia Web subscriber.
A crushing device, lasers or ultrasound waves transmitted from the cystoscope can be used to break up the stones into smaller fragments, which can be washed out of your bladder with fluids. A transurethral cystolitholapaxy is carried out under either a local anaesthetic or a general anaesthetic, so you shouldn''t feel any pain during the procedure.